Firstly, this institute is a part of the admission process. The main admission process is controlled by WEST BENGAL STATE COUNCIL OF TECHNICAL & VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT. So, it is better to follow the website https://wbscvt.org to know the latest admission procedure.
The steps below show a guideline based on previous years’ practice.
- Notification for Admission – Generally between the months of February to April of every year.
- Mode of Collection & Submission of Application Form – Both Offline & Online. Offline forms are available at selective institution. For online form fill up, follow the website https://wbscvt.org .
- Eligibility – Candidates passed the requisite entry qualification from any school located within the State of West Bengal are eligible for admission.
- Age limit – Applicant should attain at least 14 years of age as on 1st August of running year. There is no upper age limit.
- Entry qualification – Passed Madhyamik for ‘M’ group trades or passed Class VIII (Class Eight) for ‘E’ group trades from any recognised board / council, but the school / study centre must be located within the State of West Bengal.
- Examination & Admit Cards – Applicants for both “M” & “E” Group of trades may have to appear in separate Common Entrance Test (CET). Admit card for Common Entrance Examination will be available in the website https://wbscvt.org .
- Result of Examination – A State-wise merit list may be published mentioning the applicant’s rank for each trade group (viz. M-Group and E- Group) in the website https://wbscvt.org .
- Reservation of Seats – Women 10%, Schedule Caste 22%, Schedule Tribes 06%, Physically Challenged 03% and 40% of total seats are reserved for District Quota for which the candidates, who passed the entry qualification from the schools located within the district where the concerned institute is located.
- After Result – Applicant must fill up online choices of their preferable trades and institute as per availability at that time in the website https://wbscvt.org .
- Seat Allocation – After successful completion of the choice filling, based on the rank position and the choice of trades given by the applicant online counselling process is conducted and seat is allocated to the Applicant in those Institutes for which he/she has given the choice. The applicant can see his/her allocated seats and take a print out of seat allotment letter from the website https://wbscvt.org .
- Admission – On getting seat allotment letter applicant should report to respective institute within stipulated date and time as mentioned in the allotment letter with original testimonials. In case the candidate does not take admission within the schedule period his/ her allotted seat will automatically be cancelled and allotted to another applicant.
*** ADMISSION — 2021 ***
Both for ‘M’ group and ‘E’ group, there will be no admission test (i.e. CET) and merit list will be prepared as per percentage of marks obtained in Madhyamik Exam and Class VIII, respectively.